Science & technology
for a better life
Ways to a Healthier, Younger & Longer Life
Several artworks courtesy of Dr. Tomonobu Tani
Start here � Introduction
001. Eat fish 3x a week �Why Japanese people live longer than others?
002. Don't smoke �Does smoking affects the gene?
003. Eat your breakfast �When is best to eat your breakfast?
004. Exercise 30 min 3x a week �What kind of exercises do you need?
005. Avoid direct exposure to sunlight �How harmful is sunlight to you?
006. Avoid alcohol � When can alcohol be deadly?
007. Breath correctly � How to breathe properly?
008. Maintain a healthy body weight �Does nice body shape makes you live longer?
009. Eat banana everyday �What makes banana an excellent food?
010. Sleep 8 hrs a day �Is more sleep bad for your health?
011. Have water over cola �Is too much water bad for your health?
012. Stay active in all aspects of your life �Is being socially active good for you?
013. Eat fruits & vegetables �Is it okay to have only vegetables in your diet?
014. Move every 30 min �How can immobility leads you to die early?
015. Eat dinner 2 hrs before bed �Is taking some fluids before bed good?
016. Avoid salty foods �What are the salty foods you should avoid?
017. Have tomato & blueberry in your diet �What's the best way to prepare tomatoes?
018. Know your family history �What is a "cord blood"?
019. Brush & floss your teeth �Do you need to brush your gums too?
020. Do some house chores �What house chores could burn my body fats more effectively?
021. Avoid bad fats �What are the bad fats that you should avoid?
022. Use olive oil & eat nuts �How much nuts per day is ideal for health?
023. Take a bath or wash your face before bed �What is the best way to wash your face?
024. Get immunized �What kind of immunizations are available for you today?
025. Watch funny shows over sad ones �Is too much laughing bad for your health?
026. Find time to relax �How to relax?
027. Use that new mobile phone �Are mobile phones bad for health?
028. Sleep early & wake up early �What can be done to be able to sleep early?
029. Avoid UV treatments �What are the bad effects of UV?
031. Take the stairs �What are the health benefits of taking the stairs?
032. Have more ABC & E in your diet �What foods are rich in vitamins A, B, C & E?
033. Have tea (or cocoa) over coffee �What's wrong with coffee? Is chocolate okay?
034. Drink fresh juices �How about canned or bottled juices?
035. Keep learning �How can learning affects my health?
036. Find time to play �Are all forms of intertainment good for health?
037. Move bowel daily �How to regulate bowel movement?
038. Massage face daily �For how long face should be massaged?
039. Eat yogurt everyday �Do all yogurts work the same way?
040. Have sex more �How to benefit from sex even when without a partner?
041. Have a balance exercise �How to do a balanced exercise?
042. Eat brown rice & sweet potato �Is sweet potato better than potato?
043. Hot bath for 30 min 3x a week �How hot a "hot bath" should be?
044. Use honey instead of refined sugar �Are there alternatives to honey?
045. Be kind �How could kindnesses to others be beneficial?
046. Sleep regularly �How to regulate sleep?
047. Maintain good oral hygiene �Other than tooth-brushing, what else can be done?
048. Massage scalp but don't scratch �Is blowering with warm air bad for the scalp and hair?
049. Know the emergency numbers �Should small kids need to know the emergency numbers?
050. Avoid red meat �Is there a "less bad" red meat?
051. Avoid prohibited drugs �Is there a safer "prohibited drug"?
052. Avoid being angry �How to manage anger?
053. Learn to be happy always �Is too much happiness bad?
054. Avoid shops that allow smoking �Is "smoking" shop safe when no one is smoking?
055. Don't get overheated �How to prevent death from overheating?
056. Avoid touching your face �How to touch face with lesser risk of harm?
057. Fasten your seatbelts �Are seatbelts for adults also safe to use for kids?
058. Have a pet �What pets are good for the family?
059. Avoid phone when driving �Are there ways to avoid risk from "phoning while driving"?
060. Eat soy bean products �What are the soybean products available in the market?
061. Have a healthy relationship �Is keeping a "difficult" relationship also healthy?
062. Go on a nature trip every month �How to have a safer nature trip?
063. Be into sports �What are the sports-related health risks?
064. Have red wine over hard liquor �How much red wine is best for health?
065. Learn your health issues �How to be a pro-active patient?
066. Wear the right sunglasses �Can bad sunglasses do more harm than not wearing them at all?
067. Use sunscreen �How much sunscreen and how frequent should this be applied on?
068. Learn from your bad experiences �Is bad experience always bad?
069. Eat some seaweed �What are the seaweed products known to have health benefits?
070. Have an appropriate hairstyle �How hair styles affect one's health?
071. Keep your computer screen low �How to prevent dry eyes?
072. Eat your antioxidants �What are antioxidants?
073. Avoid unnecessary X-rays �How to avoid unnecessary X-ray exposures?
074. Think positive most of the time �Is being "positive all the time" bad?
075. Avoid risk �How can one avoid risk?
076. Listen to classical & mild music �Is listening to modern music bad for health?
077. Grow some plants �Is it okay to have plants inside the bedroom?
078. Have enough vitamin D & calcium �What foods are rich in vitamin D and Calcium?
079. Practice safe sex �How to have a safer sex?
080. Use your helmet �Will any type of helmet protect from harm?
081. Know the infectious diseases �How to know these infectious diseases?
082. Take a safer form of transportation �What are the safer forms of transportation?
083. Use curtains that block UV �Is it not that all curtains do block UV?
084. Take a safer seat �Which car seat is considered safer?
085. Have your regular checkup �How often is a regular checkup?
086. Have friends who care to be healthy �How to know that a person cares to be healthy?
087. Know your odds for heart attack �How should one know his odds for a heart attack?
088. Wear comfortably & tidy �How to wear comfortably?
089. Use appropriate masks �Do all masks work the same way?
090. Wear protective gears when needed �What are the protective gears that one can wear?
091. Buy foot wears in the evening �Does foot size really change?
092. Know the weather forecast �Where to get a reliable weather forecast?
093. Have your breast exam & pap smear regularly �How to do a self-breast exam?
094. Use drugs & chemicals properly �Is death due to improper use of drugs common?
095. Avoid insect bites �How to avoid insect bites?
096. Watch for heavy metals �What are these heavy metals?
097. Prefer organic foods �Is there such thing as "organic meat"?
098. Save for health �How to save for health?
099. Be fashionable �How to be fashionable at a lesser cost?
100. Install safety devices �What are these safety and health devices?
101. Use jewelries appropriately �When can use of jewelries be inappropriate?
Take a test to determine your REAL AGE